As I continue my journey as a nail polish swatcher and blogger, I thought it helpful if I compiled some of the tips and tricks that I picked up along the way. As the techniques, industry and brands change, I will update this as often as possible. My #1 goal to help 1 person on their journey as they tell their own story!
Swatch/Blog Tips and Tricks:
- Be sure to apply to maker swatch/blog applications (usually found on makers websites)
- Instagram allows up to 30 #’s…USE THEM! I have a document in my notes app that I keep all my #s and I copy and paste them as the first comment from my photo.
- Swatch and review polishes you already have. EVERYTHING from drugstore to salon to indie brands. This will help perfect your photo taking, poses, etc.
- Post EVERYWHERE and OFTEN!!! Post to platforms including IG, FB, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, Pintrest, ect. Get your name out there 🙂
- Tag the brands you use in the comments AND picture when available
- If the maker/brand has a #, use it!!!
- Don’t wait to be sent free/discounted polish. BUY it!! This is the best way to support indie makers and show you just don’t want free polish.