Hello December!! Since I have a little break between pr samples, I decided to do some nail art inspired by this festive holiday and share with you, my friends!
Today is the 4th day of this celebratory month and I have my first of many holiday/winter manis. I’m super excited about this mani because I was able to use one of my new Lina plates and can I just say, I love it! Lina has become one of my favorite brands and I use this brand religiously in my Swatch & Review series. I also tried my hand at another nail art technique that I don’t use enough, foiling!
So let’s see how I did!
What I used:
- Base Coat and Ridge Filling base coat by Glisten & Glow
- Jior Black by Jior Couture
- Yellow Stopper by American Classics
- White by Mundo de Unas (MdU)
- Green and Red Metallic foils from eBay (included foil glue)
- Make Your Mark 06 by Lina Stamping Plates
- Tonic Topper by Tonic Nail Polish
Lets Get Started:
- To well manicures nails I applied a coat of both base coat and ridge filling base coat allowing both to dry thoroughly in between each layer
- Once dry, I applied a thin coat of Jior Black
- Then, using a dry brush technique I applied the foil glue randomly to each finger and allowed to dry until the glue was transparent
- I used the green metallic foil and presses it gently over the glued areas
- I repeated steps 3 & 4 using the red metallic foil
- Once that was dry, I used the Yellow Stopper to help smooth the polish, glue and foil and also provide a sticky base for the stamp to adhere to
- Using the MYM 06 and white stamping polish I stamped the desired image over each nail
- Finally, I used Tonic Topper to seal in my design
I know there was a little bleeding of the foil and I’m not sure if that had anything to do with the brand of stamping polish, top coat or a combination of things. Regardless, I really like how this mani came out and the look of the distressed foil.
Next time I’ll try to remember to get pictures after each step. Of course I didn’t know I was going to post this until after the fact.
Thanks for stopping by!