I’m so excited to share this mani/tutorial with y’all today because its been a long time in the making. The day before I completed this mani, I gave myself a “full spa manicure” at home complete with mani bomb. The secrets to my at-home mani can be found here, but enough about that, lets talk about the inspiration and how I created this mani.
I was inspired by a leotard that I saw while attending my youngest daughter’s gymnastics training session. Let me tell you, with all the bright, bold and fun printed leos (its what all the gymnasts call leotards…lol. 5 and 6 year olds are such a hoot), I could create a whole series just trying to re-create them for a mani. Hmmmmmm! I’ll tuck that idea in my back pocket.
Anywho, the mani, here’s what I used:
- White by Kleancolor
- Beach Cruiser (pink), Melt Your Popsicle (orange) and Paradise Cove (purple) by Orly Lacquer
- Prism Drops by Pipe Dream Polish
- Black by Mundo de Unas (MdU)
- Feeling Shapely 02 and Make Your Mark 01 by Lina Stamping Plates
- Marvel Liquid Macro by Superchic Lacquer
Lets Get Started:
- Because I used neons, I started with an even, thin layer of white to give the bright colors a POP!
- Once that was dry, I applied 3-4 small drops of each color to my nail and used a stamper to smoosh the polish and blend the colors together. This part is a lot of fun and you don’t have to worry about it being perfect because there is no right or wrong way to do this step. I tried no to “over smoosh” because I didn’t want the colors to look to “muddy”. This step can also be done use saran wrap or plastic bag. I have also put the polish on the stamper then applied to the nail, but again, whatever works for you is great.
- Once I was happy with all 10 nails, I applied a coat of quick drying topcoat to smooth out the polish.
- I used the first Lina plate, Feeling Shapely 02 and black stamping polish to complete the first image. Then I used the second Lina plate, Make Your Mark 01 and the Prism Drops to apply the 2nd image.
- Finally, I topped with a final layer of topcoat and cleaned up.
Well, there you have it a complete neon mani inspired by a gymnastic leotard. As a nail addict, I find myself finding inspiration from a lot of different things, I hope you continue to join me on this series I bring you more Be Inspired/Be Challenged manis.